2. Kipling uses the terms man and son at the end of the poem. Why did Kipling choose to use these words? Does the term "man" apply to all humans or is Kipling implying that courage and leadership are masculine traits? Were the terms used to make the message personal or should we consider that Kipling's message accurately defines the requirements of any courageous person or leader?
I think Kipling used the word man and son because he's saying that to his son, that one day when he grows, he'll turn into a man and that he's teaching him a way of life and to respect it. The term man is exactly what it means. He'll turn into one, because now days, most male adults act like they are men, but really acting childish. Kipling wants his son to be a man, a real man and to act like one. Implying courage and leadership to his son. I think that Kipling was meaning to say that to his son and to us. To be good in life, because life is short. Be mature about it and do think wisely.
I'm not sure if I answered correctly. Lol
-A.J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment